Home Rule Florida
What is Home Rule?
- Authority of a local government to prevent state government interventions
- Gives local governments the right to self-govern
- Protection of public health
- To license
- To Tax
- To incur debt
What is the threat?
- State legislature took aim to utilize its preemption authority to:
- Strip away local governments right to preserve their community
- To protect neighborhoods or condominium associations by
forbidding separate regulation of the commercial businesses called Vacation Rentals
You can use this website to preserve your community by:
- Sharing information about issues threatening local governments
- Provide your concerns to and give you an opportunity to act against state legislators
- Your voice helps!